Here is what you'll need!
Fried Strawberry Shortcake Pops
1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup heavy cream, cold
1 ½ cups strawberries, diced
3 cups vanilla wafers
3 eggs, beaten
Oil for frying
1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth.
2. Pour in the heavy cream and beat until the mixture has reached soft peaks.
3. Add in the strawberries and beat until well-incorporated.
4. Pour the mixture into 6 popsicle molds.
5. Freeze at least 8 hours.
6. Place vanilla wafers in a gallon-size freezer bag and smash with a rolling pin until the the cookies have broken down into crumbs.
7. Coat the popsicles with egg wash, then with vanilla wafer crumbs and repeat for a second coating.
8. Freeze for another 30 minutes.
9. While holding the end of the popsicle stick, dip the popsicle into the oil, heated to 375°F/190°C, and hold for 10 seconds.
10. Immediately after pulling the popsicle from the oil, pat both sides with a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
11. Freeze immediately until ready to serve.
NOTE: Be sure to wear heat-resistant gloves when frying the popsicles! Or use a reliable pair of tongs to hold the stick while frying.
Check us out on Facebook! - facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty
Berries And Cream licensed by Audio Network
Made by BFMP www.buzzfeed.com/videoteam.