Here is what you'll need!
HAM, CHEESE, AND SPINACH-STUFFED CHICKEN
1 large chicken breast
1 slice baby Swiss cheese
1 slice provolone cheese
1 thin slice ham
5 - 8 baby spinach leaves
½ cup flour
2 eggs, beaten
⅔ cup breadcrumbs
Oil for frying
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut a pocket into the side of the chicken breast.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Stack the two cheeses and spinach on top of the ham and roll up tightly.
4. Stuff the chicken with the roll and press the edges of the chicken together to create a seal.
5. Place the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs into 3 separate bowls.
6. Being careful to keep the chicken from opening, dip the stuffed chicken in the flour, shaking off the excess. Then dip the floured chicken into the egg, then breadcrumbs, then egg and breadcrumbs again. Coat evenly and shake off any excess breading.
7. Heat oil in a cast iron pan over medium heat and preheat oven to 375ºF/190°C.
8. Fry the chicken until golden brown on both sides.
9. Once the chicken is fried, place into a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches a minimum of 165ºF/75ºC.
Check us out on Facebook! - facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty
NSPS228_04 licensed by Warner Chappell
Made by BFMP www.buzzfeed.com/videoteam.